SEFAA Out and About
Here's a quick look at our
Upcoming events. Click on a title o
r scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|August 4, 2018||SEFAA Center||Spruce Up Day (August Program Meeting)|
|September 1, 2018||
Museum of Design Atlanta
||Tour Making Change: The Art and Craft of Activism (September Program Meeting)|
|October 5, 2018||The Fine Arts Center, Greenville, SC||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends Exhibition Opening Reception|
|October 5 - November 2, 2018||The Fine Arts Center, Greenville, SC||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends Exhibition|
|October 6, 2018||
Landmark Midtown Art Cinema
||Film Premier: Shepherdess of the Glaciers (October Program Meeting)|
|Through October 13, 2018||Online||Fiber Art Sale Applications accepted|
|October 20 and 21, 2018||SEFAA Center||Fiber Art Sale|
|November 17, 2018||
Dalton Gallery, Agnes Scott College
|November 27, 2018||Online||Georgia Gives Day|
|December 1, 2018||SEFAA Center||Retreat Day (December Program Meeting)|
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and or the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects)!
Yearly events include:
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Spruce Up Day
10 am - noon at the SEFAA CenterLet's see how many SEFAA Center "to-do" items we can tick off in two hours. A little of your time = a much nicer home for us all!
- Apply by submitting at Application Form at SEFAA.info/SaleApp.
- If accepted, Register and Pay via links provided in acceptance email.
- Submit Inventory List.
Have a little extra time? Volunteer for a short shift while you hang out at the SEFAA Center with friends, Sale artists, and fabulous 2018 Fiber Art Sale merchandise! Depending on which shift you volunteer for, your duties may include helping customers, restocking booths, or checking inventory in or out. Join the team!
Georgia Gives Day
Save the date! November 27th is #GAgives on #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of collaboration.