SEFAA Out and About
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|August 5 - 26, 2017||
Binders Art Supply
|August 11 - October 10, 2017||Online||2017 Fiber Art Sale Registration|
|August 13, 2017||SEFAA Center||Selling Your Work with Ginny Harris and Anne Vincent (August Program Meeting)|
||SEFAA Center||Art Auction Party - Rescheduled for April 26, 2018!|
|September 1, 2017||SEFAA Center||Inspired Displacement: Translating Travel into Textiles Lecture with Lisa Klakulak (September Program Meeting)|
|September 24, 2017||SEFAA Center||A Wet Studio Shower|
|October 21, 2017||SEFAA Center||Fiber Art Sale - One Day Only!|
|December 3, 2017||SEFAA Center||The Discerning Eye: A Collector's Guide to Japanese Textiles Lecture with John Marshall (December Program Meeting)|
Yearly events include:
Artist registration is now open!
Sell your fiber creations at the SEFAA Fiber Art Sale - the seventh edition of this fabulous event! This year, there are a few new twists: The Sale will be one day instead of two, and artists will set up their own displays rather than provide inventory for an integrated boutique-type display. SEFAA will provide a centralized checkout station and customer service and will restock inventory so that artists don't have to be present during the Sale. In return, artists should plan on volunteering for one shift between October 19th and October 23rd.
studio wish list.
- One, small mesh laundry bag (like you would use for hand-wash items in the washing machine)
- A 100% cotton t-shirt or no more than 2 yds. of 100% cotton fabric
- Plastic to cover your pail (optional)
We'll provide everything else you need to create your own impressionistic color blends on cotton!
Admission is free to this fabulous Sale which features a wide range of textile items hand-crafted by local artisans. Now in its sixth year, the Sale grows and changes each year, with new artists and new products. Whether you are shopping for a unique holiday gift or for your own textile treasure, you are sure to find that perfect something at a price you can afford!