Learn how to wet felt a beautiful flower in this fun online class. Then, wear your flowers in your hair, pin them to your outfit, or create an everlasting bouquet. The possibilities are endless!
Start by laying out your wool roving and embellishment materials. Then use water, soap, and a bit of agitation to turn your roving into felt before tweaking your flower into it’s final shape. You’ll have time to finish one or two flowers during class, but your kit will contain enough materials to make another flower on your own later.
Katrina Stone is an award-winning fiber artist who enjoys teaching sewing, wet felting, and macrame at the John C. Campbell Folk School and other regional locations. A fiber fanatic since childhood, Katrina is the current President of the Southeast Fiber Arts Alliance. She makes her home in Gwinnett County with her husband and their fun-loving Boston terrier.
$50 – $60
Additional Supply Fee: None. Kit fees for Merino roving, embellishment materials, and a piece of screen are included in the class cost.
Scholarship Available: No.
Number of Students: 4 – 12
Supplies to have on hand:
- 12″ x 12″ (or larger) piece of bubble wrap.
- Old towel.
- Warm water.
- Small amount of liquid dish detergent.
- Sewing needle, thread, and scissors to hand sew flower centers.
- You must register by December 28th to receive your kit in the mail. If you register after December 28th, you’ll need to pick up your kit at the SEFAA Center.
- This virtual class will meet from 2 to 4 pm EST on Sunday, January 8, 2023.
- You will receive the information you’ll need to join us online in your registration confirmation email.
- The class will be recorded and you’ll have access to the recording until February 8, 2023.