Honor your creativity by making a Spring Fiber Goddess to celebrate renewal, nurture your spirit, grace your projects, and protect your workspace. Session 1 (from 11 am to 12 pm on Saturday, May 22nd) will cover design and headdress suggestions plus embroidery stitch practice. Session 2 (from 11 am to 12 pm on Saturday, May 29th) will focus on adding fine details using beads and other embellishments. We’ll provide a sewn goddess body, so you’ll be able to focus on the fun part – making your Spring Goddess unique and special to you.
Hellenne Vermillion was born and raised in Japan. She is a silk dye painter. stitcher, and mask maker who also teaches prehistoric Japanese Jomon pottery.
$45 – $55
Additional Supply Fee: None
Scholarship Available: No
- Stuffing (polyester or wool roving, or chopped-up yarn).
- Chopstick or pencil with an eraser (to help with stuffing).
- Hand sewing needles for embroidery and/or doll needles.
- Embroidery threads.
- Optional: Beads (plus bead needles and bead thread), buttons, lace, or other embellishments.
- A kit including a sewn goddess body lightly marked with design placement suggestions, embellishment patterns, and headdress ideas will be mailed to you before the first class.