Please join us to enjoy a wide variety of fiber art – from applique to weaving and most things in between. The entries are small (no larger than 12″ x 12″ for 2D work or 12″ x 12″ x 12″ for 3D work), but there’s nothing small about their design, their execution, or their impact. So, don’t miss your first chance to see all these wonderfully diverse works up close and in person or to vote for your three favorite pieces (assuming you can choose just three favorites!).
This opening kicks off our gradual re-opening of the SEFAA Center after over a year of being closed due to the pandemic. It’s the perfect way to reopen, reenergize, and rededicate ourselves to SEFAA’s mission – encouraging and celebrating creativity one thread at a time by cultivating a vibrant regional fiber arts community and celebrating, supporting, and perpetuating all textile art forms. We’re really looking forward to seeing you in person again and to celebrating fiber art together!
Covid-19 remains a concern, so please be aware of the following:
- You must wear a face mask covering both your nose and mouth at all times while in the SEFAA Center. (We’re even foregoing refreshments so that none of us will be tempted to remove our masks!)
- We ask that you maintain 6′ of distance from people that you don’t live with.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the SEFAA Center. Please use them.
- We reserve the right to ask you to wait outside the building until any crowd inside disperses.
- Please stay home if you feel sick. We plan to broadcast a portion of the opening on Facebook Live so you can enjoy it in real-time, we’ll add a virtual gallery for you to enjoy online later, and we’ll also be open the additional dates/times listed below so that you can see the show in person once you feel better.
- Saturday, May 8th from 2-4 pm.
- Tuesday, May 18th from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Thursday, May 20th from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Tuesday, May 25th from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Thursday, May 27th from 10 am to 2 pm.