Celebrate your creativity by making a Winter Fiber Goddess to nurture your spirit, grace your projects, and protect your workspace. We’ll provide a sewn goddess body, so you’ll be able to focus on the fun part – making your Winter Goddess unique and special to you. In homage to the snow and ice of winter, your doll body will be an off-white Jacquard weave and there will be a small piece of faux fur in your kit. From this base, you can add stitching, beads, crystals, pearls, and other embellishments to evoke traditional winter themes of rest, dreaming, fresh beginnings, transitions, or … whatever sparks your creative joy. This is a two-session class that will meet online for an hour each session. Session one will cover design and headdress suggestions plus embroidery stitch practice. Session two will focus on adding fine details using beads and other embellishments.
Hellenne Vermillion was born and raised in Japan. She is a silk dye painter. stitcher, and mask maker who also teaches prehistoric Japanese Jomon pottery.
$45 – $55
Additional Supply Fee: None
Registration Deadline: You must register by Friday, February 18th in order to have your kit sent to you in time for the first class. Otherwise, you will need to pick up your kit from the SEFAA Center (3420 W. Hospital Ave., Chamblee, GA 30341) between 10 am and 2 pm on Tuesday, February 22nd or Thursday, February 24th.
Number of Students: 5-15
- Stuffing (wool roving, cotton batting, or chopped-up yarn but not polyester stuffing since it is too springy).
- Chopstick or pencil with an eraser (to help with stuffing).
- Hand sewing needles for embroidery and/or doll needles.
- Embroidery threads.
- Optional: Beads (plus bead needles and bead thread), crystals, pearls, buttons, lace, or other embellishments.
- A kit including a sewn goddess body lightly marked with design placement suggestions, embellishment patterns, and headdress ideas will be mailed to you before the first class.
Class Schedule: This online class will meet from 11 am to 12 pm on Saturday, February 26th and Saturday, March 5th.